Got to love your plan WD. I’ve never been to the Winds, but it is on the wish list of almost every backcountry angler. I must check it out some day.
Not much set in concrete right now except some family outings. The latter parts of July and August are booked with two family outings (Russian River and Tahoe). As I live in the Central Valley where it can get so very hot, I often postpone a pack trip or two from my loose agenda to join my wife for a couple of nights at the coast or at Mono Hot Springs. Mono has become a regular respite from the valley heat for my wife and me. Not sure, but it might have something to do with the resort having a great masseuse.
For backpacking this year, I have 4 trips on my mind possibly a 5th in late September early October (if they are allowing anyone in at all), but will likely end up doing one or two less due to the family activities and schedule. I tend to overdo the scheduling and never quite do em all, but it’s no biggie. There’s simply not enough time to do all the hikes I would like to do anyhow.
Plan for 2014 pack trips at this point:
• I’m looking at a 3 day trip in early May. My original plan was to hike into the Moke around Salt Springs, but with so little snow I may shoot higher. Time will tell, but I really would like to check out the Moke.
• Don’t tell the guys that I haven’t received my AARP card yet, but I’m joining the HST Old Fart crew for 5 days in Woodchuck country in June. Looking forward to that one even though I’m guessing the skeets will be out in force. Got to love head nets eh?
• Either a 5 day or 8 day trip (son doesn’t know how much time, if any, he can get off due to a new job) in early July over the Silver Divide into the Minnow Creek area. Even though I live nearby, I’ve never accessed this part of the Silver Divide before.
• 3 day trip with my daughter in early August to somewhere like the Chain Lakes in So. Yosemite or Anna Lake in the Hoover. If there’s enough water, might also just head up the So. Fork of the San Joaquin River above the JMT Ranch. She loves it there and the hot springs and swimming lake are a big plus. August is typically a great month to visit the San Joaquin, but this year could be different.
• Possibly a 4 day trip in late September with my son and/or brother into the John Muir Wilderness to my favorite Golden Lake. Been a several years since I’ve been there and my son wants to return.
That’s the plan for now, but destinations will likely change due to conditions and better offers.
If you stand in the light, you get the feel of the night, and the music that plays in your ear......
In your mind you can hear, a voice so sweet and clear, and the music that plays in your head......
As it flows up from the ground, taking all that hear the sound, close your eyes, it’s about to begin.