TR: August 2013 Solo Hike to the Whaleback (and Back)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
calicokat
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: August 2013 Solo Hike to the Whaleback (and Back)

Post by calicokat »

Great trip report and photos. That's an area I need to explore and spend some time at. Thanks for taking me along the journey with you :)
RiseToADry
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by RiseToADry »

Fantastic report! Thanks so much for sharing. I can't stop staring at the pic of the upper kern river. It looks so fishy. :eek:
richlong8
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by richlong8 »

Awesome trip report! Thanks for taking the time to share your journey, and the photos. Good stuff! I have "blown out" more than one pair of nylon shorts and pants while hiking. I sometimes wonder if going back to jeans would be easier( definitely cheaper)!
Bluewater
Topix Expert

Post by Bluewater »

Thanks for taking the time to post an awesome trip report. I especially liked the details and photos of Triple Divide Pass, Glacier Lake and Glacier Ridge. I've been researching that area for a while and your photos are very helpful! Your route down the east side of Triple Divide Pass looks like a lot of fun. Thanks again!! BTW, I'm not sure if 'Old Codger' applies when you're lugging a full pack over Triple Divide Pass :)
Mike M.
Topix Expert

Post by Mike M. »

Old codger for sure but the motor still runs OK if I baby it!

Mike
themappist
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by themappist »

Great trip report. I'm heading in this way in Sept. Very useful to see the pics and read the description.