Horseshoe Meadows Hiking

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
EricJLee
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Horseshoe Meadows Hiking

Post by EricJLee »

This is a week outdated, but I'll post it anyways. Last Friday and Saturday(Nov 4-5) I took my last non snow trip of the season up to the Sierras. I arrived mid morning at Horseshoe Meadows on the East side, and did a very leisurely hike up Trail Pk and along the PCT heading South. Then returned to the camp ground for the night. Temps were cold, dipping into the teens, and eveything was partially frozen in the morning. The sun set really early as did the moon, so the view of the stars was spectacular that night. Saturday morning I took off at sunrise for Mt Langley via Old Army Pass. Snow was minimal, just a dusting hanging around on the pass, and it was nice to have the crampons with me. I summited in 5.5 hours and spent 45min on top just admiring the crystall clear fall view. I trucked it back down and arrived back at the trailhead just as it was getting dark(445pm). A wonderful weekend in the mountains, and I guess I should be fortunate because they closed the Horseshoe Meadows gate this week. I posted some pictures here http://community.webshots.com/album/499014293kGfMdl
Eric J Lee
krudler
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by krudler »

Wow Eric, awesome stuff - GREAT pics!! I love that area. Looks like winter is not far behind...
Thanks for sharing!!
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Happy birthday! How did you get that photo of you and the monkeys all bundled up? Cute! Looks like a nice trip, and good weather too!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Cool photos Eric!