Trip Report from Early August-2013 - Dusy Basin and Beyond

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Trip Report from Early August-2013 - Dusy Basin and Beyond

Post by maverick »

Mike wrote:
Maverick, your link above is for an area somewhere near French lake and Pine Creek Pass.
Interesting, when I click on it it shows the correct location for the pass. :\
Here is an alternative if that link doesn't work for the OP:
http://sierrabackpacker.com/Vennacher.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Shawn
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Shawn »

Very nice trip report and pictures. Sure glad to read that the wife and twins are okay.
we went around the Chocolate Lakes we had this most spectacular view looking back. It was a simple moment, but this picture has captured me and I now have it hanging in my office.
This does capture a nice moment. Funny thing, when I worked in a corporate environment lots of people had pictures of mountain scenes hanging in their office. When in the back country, I have yet to see a picture of anyone's office hanging in their tent. :D
scrotata
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by scrotata »

Shawn wrote:When in the back country, I have yet to see a picture of anyone's office hanging in their tent.
Shawn - well said!

And since I work in a suit and tie world, the pictures and memories I have from my various wilderness excursions are that much more important.

Maverick and Mike - thanks for the additional info and links.