Fishgut and bottleneck lakes

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Fishgut and bottleneck lakes

Post by overheadx2 »

I would like to take my wife on a relatively easy hike but still not be surrounded by people. I initially thought about going to Baboon lakes out of Sabrina since it sounds as if it gets less traffic than the other lakes. While looking at baboon lakes, I noticed a small basin further north containing fish gut and bottleneck lakes. They are off trail, so I assume I would have some privacy. Any intel on campsites and fishing there?
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Fishgut and bottleneck lakes

Post by maverick »

This may help: http://www.davessierrafishing.com/desti ... _lake.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
overheadx2
Topix Expert

Post by overheadx2 »

Thanks Mav, I saw that when I was researching it. That's what peaked my interest. I was just curious about any more experiences there.
DavePloessel
Topix Acquainted

Post by DavePloessel »

Bottleneck is simply beautiful. Better campsites and bigger fish can be found around fishgut lake. There is an iffy use trail to bottleneck but if you get off it you will need to be comfortable doing some light scrambling. There is a narrow notch straight above dingleberry lake towards bottleneck: that is the easiest route up.
overheadx2
Topix Expert

Post by overheadx2 »

Thanks Dave