How dry I am.

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
rileySB
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Re: How dry I am.

Post by rileySB »

DoyleWDonehoo wrote:A little more encouraging today (click on pix for latest):
http://rockyags.cr.usgs.gov/dashboards/WebCam.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Most of the pics show a lot of white (snow), so that is encouraging. Let's hope for a wetter spring than our winter!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

ok. this isn't funny anymore, not that it ever was. We've got 4:-8" of rain since Friday in the Sonoma county area: http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20 ... /140209571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm really ready for it to stop for a bit to let the ground soak it up before my pasture washes away. The french drains are working overtime. Had another 1/2" per hour in the last hour. I've been out a couple times just to clear anything that might impede its downhill journey. The Russian river went from 120 cfs to somewhere above 7300 cfs. A 6-7' rise. We do need the rain, but not like this.

I would prefer if this was directed squarely at the Sierra for some snow.
John Dittli
Topix Expert

Post by John Dittli »

still very little at the upper elevations in the High Sierra... maybe more today.
Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail
paul
Topix Expert

Post by paul »

Sonora pass area/Emigrant Wilderness is getting it. 5" of WC in the last two days at Horse Meadows Sensor; 4" at Leavitt Lake.
John Dittli
Topix Expert

Post by John Dittli »

Ya, northern Yosemite is the stark cutoff; 1"+ Mammoth south.... Forecast is for 1-2" water Yose-SEKI today so hopefully.....
Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail