Name this mountain!

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
dapperdave
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Name this mountain!

Post by dapperdave »

Mt. Francis Farquhar?
fourputt
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by fourputt »

Seven Gables while checking out lakes above Vee?
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

dapperdave wrote:Mt. Francis Farquhar?
You got it. What makes this tricky is this photo is taken from near North Guard Lake, so this is an angle very seldom seen.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
giantbrookie

Post by giantbrookie »

Peak3.jpg
Edit: After inadvertantly giving away my two last posts with the .jpg filename (didn't realize that showed up upon running mouse over it), I'll have to try a different one (the Mt. Rodgers shot from Lyell Fork Merced that was up for 1.5 hours has been deleted). This one is a bit easier because the view angle is a bit more common.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paul
Topix Expert

Post by paul »

Giantbrookie - your filenames are giving away more than you might want to.
giantbrookie

Post by giantbrookie »

paul wrote:Giantbrookie - your filenames are giving away more than you might want to.
Ooops. That's too bad, the last two would have been pretty hard otherwise. I swapped out the photo on the last post for a different one of a different peak.
sierraholic
Topix Acquainted

Post by sierraholic »

giantbrookie wrote:Hey folks, anybody want to take a crack at the peak in the photo on the 17 Nov. 643 pm post? Here are a few additional clues for that one: The peak not on the crest of the Sierra and this view is from the NE. Elev of the peak is >12500', easiest route: class 3. I suspect part of the challenge here is that the place the photo was taken from (near a remote and fishless lake) probably sees fewer visitors than the summit of this fine peak.
Devil's Crags????? :-k

Sorry, I missed that you already gave away the answer! ](*,)
"Not all who wonder are lost!"
afahrland
Topix Acquainted

Post by afahrland »

giantbrookie wrote:
Peak3.jpg
Edit: After inadvertantly giving away my two last posts with the .jpg filename (didn't realize that showed up upon running mouse over it), I'll have to try a different one (the Mt. Rodgers shot from Lyell Fork Merced that was up for 1.5 hours has been deleted). This one is a bit easier because the view angle is a bit more common.
Mount Brewer?
giantbrookie

Post by giantbrookie »

afahrland wrote: Mount Brewer?
Yup.
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

peak.jpg
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!