Introducing the New HST ReConn Form

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Introducing the New HST ReConn Form

Post by maverick »

Thanks Shawn, Sparky, B2, Buford, and LMBSGV for you inputs. Good to read some folks
will be using it.
Buford wrote:

Just want to say thanks for the form. I will use the form along with an inReach with
tracking this year. It makes me and people at home more comfortable.
No, thank you Buford for making the decision to add an extra layer of safety to your
outdoor adventures. It not only could safe your life, but may also help avoid SAR personal
from getting injured, and even more importantly save your family from the excruciating
pain and suffering of not knowing.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Bluewater
Topix Expert

Introducing the New HST ReConn Form

Post by Bluewater »

Thanks for making and refining the recon form. Most of my trips are solo. After the search for Larry Conn I started leaving a detailed email to my wife with information regarding my main route, alternate routes, nat get topo maps with my route(s) in red, details of all my gear (and vehicle), trailhead info, how much food I was bringing and info about my experience level. When hiking with a group I would include contact info for each member and their wives or girlfriends. I carry a SPOT II, and include everyone's contacts in the 'check in' messages. The email format is nice because it can be forwarded to SAR or whoever as needed. I will be using the recon from this year for my trips. I like that the form can be saved as a URL (at least that is how I understand it) so I can just include that with my email. Thanks again Maverick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Re: Introducing the New HST ReConn Form

Post by maverick »

Bump
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org