Day 1 - Crescent Meadow to Hamilton Lakes. I remember this being fairly long but not difficult.
Day 2 - Hamilton Lakes to...which of the following is most reasonable? Our goal is to get into Kaweah Basin and Picket Lakes as quickly as possible to allow time to enjoy and explore. We plan to be in good shape and acclimated.
- Lower Nine Lakes Basin would be a short day. I did that before.
- Is there a spot to camp at the lake (11682) below Pyra-Queen Col?
- Could we slog over Pyra Queen Col and camp in upper Kaweah Basin?
- Can Red Spur be enjoyed thoroughly as a day trip? Is it worth packing everything over to stay a night?
- Camp where? I might like to wander to Bighorn Plateau, Wallace Lakes, or Crabtree Lake before heading to Guitar Lake the next day.
Day 7 - Summit Whitney and exit Whitney Portal
Finally, the permit. Am I correct that with this plan all I need is a permit from SEKI and no Whitney exit permit? I'll be ready to submit the permit application at 12:01am on March 1.